Tuesday, December 14, 2010

24 Days of Advent - Day 14 - Precious Friends

Okay, so I know that I went from Day 12 to Day 14! I'm having a hard time keeping up with my daily Advent blog posts.

Today I was able to spend several precious hours with a precious friend whose undergoing chemotherapy. She thought that I was doing her the favor by driving her to her chemo, but really it was the other way around. I was the one who was blessed!

She and I have been friends for 10 years -- we used to be co-workers who shared a cubicle area (cellmates, so to speak), but now work at different places. Since we no longer work together, we just get to spend time and catch up on one another's lives over an occasional lunch (which means there's NEVER enough time)!

Anyway, we got to spend hours and hours together today and I'm just overcome with gratitude! I'm so thankful for my friend and happy that I could help her out, even though I felt like my contribution was just small potatoes.

I always get sad a Christmas time, remembering all the dear ones who have passed away -- parents, grandparents & friends -- but I'm also reminded of how precious relationships are.
Call up an old friend and catch up . . . Write a letter (yes, by hand -- gasp!) to someone far away . . . Tell someone close how thankful you are to have them in your life!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails